Call us at 800 -767-7674
Construction Process Timeline
Where's Home For You Plan Book »
Standard Construction Process
- Site selection or lot purchase.
- Place IHC plans deposit to begin plans process from conceptual plans, to preliminary and final plans.
- Select construction approach: owner builder, project manager or general contractor.
- Pre qualify for financing and establish preliminary budget.
- Begin permitting process.
- Site preparation.
- Obtain on site utility, well drilling, and septic plan and permits.
- Submit preliminary plans to sub contractors as required for bids
- Approve preliminary plans and submit for engineering review and stamp, if required.
- Review budget and make changes as required.
- Approve final plans.
- Order IHC building package.
- Develop site plan for land per permit requirements
- Submit final plans for building permit and financing
- Letter of commitment for financing and all permits approved.
- Order any additional required materials.
- Foundation, utilities installed.
- IHC package arrives at site.
- Put together IHC package to a weather-tight shell.
- Rough-in plumbing and electrical
- Framing, electrical, plumbing inspections as required.
- Interior finishes completed and inspected.
- Landscaping as required, weather permitting.
- Move in.
[ Top of Page ]